Basics about Tyre Protection Chains
Definition & Solutions
Steel protection with rubber mobility – strength and flexibility!
A tyre protection chain can best be described as a very tight mesh that covers all the vulnerable parts of your tyres on their tread and sidewalls to form a barrier against damages.
Mining machines such as wheel loaders (WA 1200, CAT 994, LT 2350) or dump trucks (Cat 797, HD 930) are becoming increasingly larger and heavier, just like their tyres (70/70-57; 59/80-63). In 1992, pewag was the pioneer in fitting a CAT 994 for the first time, and in 2003 in fitting the world's largest tyre at that time with the dimension 60/80-57. pewag set standards for such products with the market launch of the new, highly durable 23mm tyre protection chain generation in 2006 and the fitting of this chain in 2007 on the world's largest wheel loader LT 2350 (70/70-57).
pewag goes underground
Special reinforced chain solutions for underground mining designed by pewag are providing maximum strength, optimum wear volume as well as special flank protection by dense inside and outside mesh.
pewag goes high
The reliability of pewag traction chains from XS – XXL guarantee maximum safety and keep your mining operation rolling even in the highest mountains.
Earth Mover Tyres, which represent the highest single cost factor for the operation of a wheeled unit, are sensitive to cuts, punctures and other damage. Their high value and world-wide-shortage means that pewag Tyre Protection Chains solve many of these problems by providing the following advantages.
- lower direct hourly operating costs by
- multiplied tyre life leading to a significant reduction in tyre costs
- predictable service life of tyres and chains
- accurate budgeting
- minimal down-time due to tyre failure
- maximum equipment availability
- improved stability, increased traction and better penetration for digging and break-out
- increased productivity in tonnages per hour
- additional benefits:
- optimum tyre protection - reduced tyre maintenance
- protection plus traction with chain use - safe operation even in the worst conditions (on rock, fire and ice)